The IFSA success story, Food & Bev Live, came to Citywest Events Centre on 16th and 17th February and for those in attendance, it proved to be a hugely valuable experience. Brought to you by IFSA, over 2,200 visitors attended which exceeded all expectations and it proved once again how buoyant this industry is.
WINNERS AT THE NATIONAL SKILLS FINALS WERE AS FOLLOWS:
- National Barista Championships – WINNER – NATALIA PIOTROWSKI - Natalia, of Coffee Consultancy Events, was the overall winner and will represent Ireland in the World Barista Championships in Dublin’s RDS at the World of Coffee event in June 2016.
- Irish Cocktail Championships – WINNER – ARIEL SANECKI - Ariel Sanecki of the Cliffhouse Hotel, Waterford, was the overall winner who will compete at the World Cocktail Championships taking place in Tokyo later this year.
- Contract Caterers Competition – WINNER – MOUNT CHARLES GROUP - The best in the contract catering business took part for the honour of winning this covetable accolade and the Mount Charles Group came out on top!
- Brewers Cup – WINNER - RASHEL WINN - Out of 13 entrants, the overall winner of the Brewers Cup was Rashel Winn who will go on to compete in the World Brewers Cup at World of Coffee in June.
- Chef Ireland Culinary Competition – Aramark Chef of the Year – WINNER – STEPHEN MCDONNELL - Stephen McDonnell, Head Chef of Allianz, was announced as the overall winner. Stephen will represent Ireland on the National Culinary Team for the Culinary World Cup in 2017