This time last year Chef Network was still an idea. IFSA has seen the need for a platform to bring chefs together. They decided to step up to the plate and ask chefs what they wanted. The idea of Chef Network was born. In November 2015, focus groups of chefs came together in Dublin and Belfast to develop it’s mission, vision and objectives. Chef Network - an open, inclusive platform connecting chefs online & offline, dedicated to professional development and education for chefs – launched in February 2016.
- Launched our website and mobile app
- Gone from 0 to almost 800 members
- Launched Chef Network Jobs Board and community discussion forums
- Held Chef Network gatherings in Dublin, Belfast, Galway, Mayo & Enniskillen
- Attended key industry events; Food on the Edge, La Rousse Killenure Country Fayre & Odaios Elements
- Launched ‘Chef’s Blog’ sponsored by Musgrave Marketplace
- Produced the first ‘Chef Skills’ video series on Pork Butchery: Nose to Tail, in association with Bord Bia
- Begun work for an important new ‘Charter for a Better Kitchen Workplace’
- Piloted the Chef Network Student Ambassador initiative
- Started appointing Chef Network ambassadors around the country
- Chef Network Gastronomy Club
- Chef Exchange & Stage programmes
- Chef workshops, masterclasses and educational events
As always, we are happy to hear from anyone who wants to get involved. We would like to take this opportunity to say a huge thanks to all of you who have joined us on the journey so far, and I invite those of you who are not yet part of Chef Network to join or get in touch.
Wishing you all a very Happy Christmas and look forward to working with you in 2017.
Head of Community – Chef Network
On behalf of the Chef Network Advisory Council, Chef Network Working Group and the Board of IFSA